Advantage Service Company has been serving the Central Arkansas area since 1980 with installations and service in the HVAC, Plumbing and Electrical trades. ASC is a member of the Better Business Bureau and the North Little Rock Chamber of Commerce and has been voted the “Best of the Best” by readers of the North Little Rock Times. We are proud of our long tenure with great employees!
Reports to: Irrigation, Renovation & New Construction Manager
Job Type: Full-time/Hourly (Non-Exempt)
Hourly Rate: $22/hour – $28/hour (based on experience)
- Working safely is our company’s number one business objective. It is the responsibility of each employee to comply with all safety and health requirements whether established by the company or by federal, state, or local law. Each employee must be dedicated in his or her safety responsibility while conducting business. It will be a condition of employment that all employees are expected to work safely and contribute to the safety of others.
- Installs, repairs, and maintains pipes, valves, fittings, drainage systems, and fixtures in commercial and residential structures.
- Collaborates with general contractors, electricians, and other construction professionals.
- Follows building plans and blueprints. This includes being able to read the blueprints and drawings to understand and/or plan the layout of plumbing, waste disposal and water supply systems.
- Cutting, assembling, and installing pipes and tubes with attention to existing infrastructure (i.e., electrical wiring).
- Responds to, diagnoses, and resolves plumbing emergencies.
- Performs routine inspections of plumbing and drainage systems.
- Light construction, carpentry, painting, plastering, flooring, ceiling, and electrical work as required.
- Prepares bids, budgets, and cost estimates.
- Keeps accurate records of time spent working, description of work performed, and material used.
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools used in the plumbing trade and operates them safely.
- Knowledge of building codes, safety regulations and safety practices.
- Familiarity with PVC, CPVC, PEX, cast iron and copper.
- Experience in operating forklift.
- Must be able to pull and back a trailer.
- This individual must possess the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization; as well as, external vendors, business contacts, existing customers, and potential customers.
- Demonstrates and promotes a spirit of cooperation and teamwork throughout the company.
- Continually looks for ways to improve our processes and ability to serve our customers effectively.
- Continually strives to improve personal performance. Takes an active role in seeking training or other opportunities for growth and development.
- Does not divulge any confidential personnel and/or corporate policy.
- Will not engage in gossip or other unprofessional conduct.
- Educates customers about products and creates add-on sales opportunities where applicable.
- Ensures complete protection of customer’s property during installation of products.
- Lifts 50 pounds regularly and up to 75 pounds occasionally.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Completes work orders, task lists and documents to verify work performed.
- Ability to complete projects unassisted with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in basic mathematics and conversion of measurements.
- Participates in the on-call rotation.
- This is a “safety sensitive” position.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- Must complete an Arkansas State RPZ testing course within 6 months of the date hired.
- Arkansas State Journeyman Plumbing License required.
- 1-3 years of experience as a Journeyman Plumber.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Competitive pay.
- Overtime is paid based on hours worked more than 8 daily.
- Large portion of employee health insurance paid by employer.
- Large portion of dental paid.
- $25,000 Basic Life Insurance paid 100% by the company.
- Comprehensive benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, and Life Insurance.
- Paid vacation, sick, holiday, and safety days.
- 401(k) retirement plan; vested immediately.
- Overnight travel could be required occasionally.
Advantage Service Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this position, please do any of the following:
- Bring your resume and application to our office
- Email your resume and application to: email@example.com
- Mail your resume and application to 1797 North Cypress St., North Little Rock 72114