Advantage Service Company has been serving the Central Arkansas area since 1980 with installations and service in the HVAC, Plumbing and Electrical trades. ASC is a member of the Better Business Bureau and the North Little Rock Chamber of Commerce and has been voted the “Best of the Best” by readers of the North Little Rock Times. We are proud of our long tenure with great employees!
Reports to: General Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
The Business Development Generator (BDG) needs to be a highly motivated and self-driven individual who is responsible for the overall sales success of the company. Attendance and accountability is a must. This position will seek new opportunities to expand Advantage Service Company’s products and services to existing customers and add new customers and to drive the vertical market. The BDG will call primarily on small commercial customers (restaurants, hotels, strip malls, etc.), but also will help in the marketing and selling residential customers.
- Produces business growth by presenting Advantage Service Company products and services either through customer leads or self-generated leads.
- Manages both our existing sales pipeline and develops new business opportunities.
- Takes a lead role in the development of proposals and presentations for new business materials to create and nurture business opportunities and partnerships.
- Identifies trends and customer needs, building a short/medium/long-term sales’ pipeline in accordance to company projections.
- Assists in the coordination and implementation of marketing strategies, and delegates tasks that achieve strategic goals.
- Assists in marketing product development and marketing opportunities.
- Motivates the team, tracks performance, and reports metrics.
- Maintains a competitive advantage by learning about competitor’s activities and share with the Sales’ Team.
- Has a general understanding of HVAC, Plumbing, Irrigation, Sprinkler Systems, and Electrical.
- Provides follow-up visits with customers as needed.
- Sources new sales opportunities through outbound cold calls, leads groups, and emails.
- This is a “safety sensitive” position.
- 3+ years of outside sales experience preferred.
- Extensive face-to-face selling experience.
- Excellent track record of securing and maintaining new business.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence and drive decisions to finalize the sale.
- Proven track record of sales goal attainment in a longer selling cycle environment.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, a positive attitude, great people skills, and excellent communicator.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Must possess strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle high-stress situations.
- Salary + Commission.
- Large portion of employee health insurance paid by employer.
- Large portion of dental paid.
- $25,000 Basic Life Insurance paid 100% by the company.
- Comprehensive benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, and Life Insurance.
- Paid vacation, sick, holiday, and safety days.
- 401(k) retirement plan; vested immediately.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Advantage Service Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this position, please do any of the following:
- Bring your resume and application to our office
- Email your resume and application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail your resume and application to 1797 North Cypress St., North Little Rock 72114